Thursday, August 7, 2008

Inside the Favre-McCarthy talk the other night

Just in case you were curious, here's how the conversation between Brett Favre and Packers coach Mike McCarthy went down the other night ...

McCarthy: What are you doing here?

Favre: I came to play football, but not for your team.

McCarthy: Dude, seriously, you're old, and that final pass you threw in the NFC title game ... despicable!

Favre: It was cold, and dark, and scary, and it was hard to see which player was playing for what team.

McCarthy: Dude, seriously, you have to leave.

Favre: But I have that itch coach, but you can't scratch it.

McCarthy: Leave, please.

(Five hours pass ...)

McCarthy: How many times do I have to tell you to leave?

Favre: At least one more time, coach.

McCarthy: Leave, or I swear we'll trade you to the worst team imagineable, the New York Jets.

Favre: I dare you!

No comments: